Thank you for thinking of Treasures Charity Thrift Store for your donations of good quality new and gently used household items and clothing that are clean and in saleable, working condition.
Donations of good quality household items and clothing are our mainstay. All items are examined for quality and sorted by our volunteers then prepared for sale – tagged and priced. Our quality guidelines are “Is this item of a quality to give to a family member or buy it yourself?” Items that are not to our standards or out of season are redirected and donated to charities, shelters and other agencies in our region.
Treasures is pleased to accept donations 6 days a week at the Front Door during business hours:
Mon. to Fri. 10 am to 5 pm and Sat. 10 am to 1 pm.
NOTE - We cannot be responsible for donations left outside afterhours.
Your financial support is always welcomed and appreciated. All financial contributions will be put toward our program. Treasures organization, Beginning Again Richmond Hill, is a registered charity. An official tax receipt will be issued for every donation of $10 or more.
Please make cheques out to: Beginning Again Richmond Hill
We gratefully accept donations by mail or in person at the store:
12 Levendale Road, Richmond Hill, ON L34C 5L6
For your convenience an online option is available through CanadaHelps.Org accessed by using the convenient link “Donate Now” on the right side of the page.
Treasures will gladly accept donations at the store during business hours. (Mon – Fri. 10 am to 5 pm, Sat. 10 am – 1 pm).
Please Note: We cannot be responsible for donations left outside after business hours.
We gratefully accept new and gently used items that are in clean and saleable condition, including:
- Collectibles, antiques, cameras, knickknacks, giftware
- Home Furnishings – paintings, mirrors, lamps, decorative items
- Clothing, shoes, boots, apparel in season
- Accessories, belts, purses, jewellery, hats, gloves, scarves
- Books, records, CDs, video tapes, games, sports equipment
- Housewares – dishes, glassware, kitchen utensils, pots, pans,
- Fabrics, textiles – linens, towels, curtains, blankets
- Electrical or battery operated (in working order that are not older than 5 years) – digital equipment, MP3s, stereos, radios, VCRs, DVD players, small appliances, vacuum cleaners, musical instruments, tools, power tools
Unfortunately, Treasures CANNOT ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING:
- Items that do not comply with current health and safety standards
- Clothing that is torn, dirty, or in need of repair
- Outddated televisions, computers or computer parts
- Large furniture or large appliances
- Baby items – cribs & cradles, car seats, carriages & strollers, baby gates, playpens, baby walkers, children’s sleepwear
- Toys including stuffed toys
- Pillows or cushions
- Food products
- Helmets and face protectors
- Weapons of any sort
- Used personal care items
- Chemical products including barbeque & propane tanks or items containing hazardous materials such as Freon found in air conditioners
- Automotive products – tires, batteries, gasoline, oils, antifreeze
- Building materials/plumbing fixtures, carpeting and padding
- Traditional recyclables – glass windows (or sheets of glass), newsprint, office paper, cardboard, plastics, etc.